Vision and Ethos
- To encourage each pupil to strive for educational, moral, and spiritual excellence.
- To provide our pupils with an exemplary standard of education that is broad and rich in order to develop a love of learning, and a sense of pride about their progress and achievements.
- To equip our pupils with important life-skills, mental and physical wellbeing, emotional resilience and an intellectual curiosity that will enable them to deal with the challenges of today and tomorrow.
- To imbue our pupils with the British and Jewish values of respect, tolerance and understanding towards all cultures and beliefs.
- To promote a sense of social awareness and responsibility among our pupils to enable them to make a positive contribution to the wider world.
- To nurture a secure and caring environment where all pupils, families and staff feel respected, welcome and valued.
- To ensure our learning environment is well-maintained and safe, both indoors and outdoors.
- To provide our pupils with the opportunity to develop a sense of belonging to and pride in the Jewish people and the State of Israel, as well as to feel an important part of the fabric of a diverse Britain.
- To consolidate the school’s identity and standing within our local and Jewish community by fostering links with our partnership schools and other local schools.
Teach the child according to his individual needs and even when he is old he will not depart from it. - Mishlei 22.6
Mathilda Marks-Kennedy Jewish Primary School aims to provide high quality experiences in all aspects of education and school life, within an atmosphere where respect for the individual enables each of our pupils to flourish academically, emotionally and personally. We believe that this will enable children to develop into young people who are fulfilled and secure, socially aware and able to make a positive contribution to society and to our community.
We aim to do this in the context of a warm and welcoming Jewish environment so that our children will develop authentic Jewish values and a love of Jewish learning within a modern world. We see Zionism and a love of the State of Israel as important factors in our lives. We also promote and embrace a multi-cultural, tolerant and respectful Britain.